Friday, June 24, 2005

transistor telephone in Ohio


Glad that the Allmans have proven so popular with the yousendit clicks..I remember hearing Midnite Rider on the way to my Sunday paper round in the 1970's as I listened to my kays catalogue transistor radio stuck to my ear. In those days all you could get was a single earphone, and there is no way I wanted to look like I needed a hearing aid. Funny when you're a teenager you think that everyone is noting your every move and loving all the music you listen to. On the way home from school on the bus, our gang always wished and prayed that Alice Coopers 'Schools Out' would come blasting our of our puny trannies en masse and blow the blue rinses right out the windows. It did once, we were ecstatic and of course the bus conductor told us to 'turn it down or take a hike'. We took that hike to the rebel side of the tracks and I hope Alice appreciated it as it was one hell of a hike home.
I also was listening to CSN&Y and imagining I was living in Haight Ashbury...here they are with one of my ultimate favourites that I still play on vinyl.
CSN&Y love the one you're with live MP3 from Four Way Street.
Glad the Neil Young track the other night got a good reaction, here he is again live in London in 1973 with a barnstormer that will make your hard drive bleed.
Neil Young Ohio live MP3
Steve Earle, Mary Gauthier and Tift Merritt each earned three nominations from the Americana Music Association (AMA) for the organization's annual awards show to be held Sept. 9 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.Here is Steve....
Steve Earle Telephone Road live MP3

1 Comments:

Blogger guapo said...

nice blog country grrl! If you got the time check me out too!

12:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home