Saturday, May 28, 2005

krankies daughter in roo gazette


I got a letter this morning that was addressed 'Dear Potential Millionaire' I had a quick look and I saw I was invited to a 'No strings, no catch, no gimmicks Free Preview Workshop' I could join this growing band of people 'just like me' who are 'quietly (not sure how loudly would look) amassing huge personal wealth from investing in property' yeh right...it looks like a home grown version of the Nigerian scam that still seems to catch lots of folk out. 'If you send £1.0000000000000000000000000000 to this bank account I will be able to release 4 times this amount.....anyway I will not be going and will leave this 'golden opportunity to create lifelong wealth for my family' in the rubbish bin.
here is the first course of the day
Country Gazette Keep on Pushin mp3
Members of "Country Gazette" included Byron Berline, Roger Bush, Kenny Wertz, Alan Munde, Herb Pedersen, Roland White, Dave Ferguson, Billy Joe Foster, Joe Carr, Michael Anderson, Bill Bryson, Gene Wooten, Greg Kennedy, Bill Smith, Chris Vandertuin, Dawn Watson and Steve Garner.
Quite a crew !!!
In September 1972 Country Gazette recorded their first album "A traitor in our midst", which was produced by Jim Dickson who also produced The Byrds, The Dillards, Gene Clark, The Flying Burrito Brothers ... .A lot of songs on that album came from the time before Country Gazette was formed. With "Keep on pushin" and "Tried so hard" two Gene Clark compositions .You can catch the whole story at the website. Needless to say its a great track from one of the most influential bluegrass outfits from the 70's.

Here's a fab band, a hell of a lot more interesting than Travis or any of those winsome types that seem to clog up the airwaves.
Sons and Daughters Medicine mp3 When I tried to find out their biog online all I got was the TV soap and links to sites of a religious nature. I will of course not lead you in that direction and suffice to say, if you scroll through enough google pages you will find out all you need to know.
Here is one little diamond that was nestling amongst a stack of apache parent directories. I have seen Kevin 3 times now and he just gets better all the time. He comes to bonnie scotland on a regular basis. In Edinburgh he supported the Mavericks at the Playhouse, appeared with Pettibone at Hopetoun House and did a gig at the Venue where Dean Owens of the Felsons joined him on stage.

Kevin Montgomery Let's All Go To California mp3 His dad was Bob Montgomery who wrote with Buddy Holly. He wrote Heartbeat and I always expect to see Nick Berry coming through the door when I hear it. His ma was a backing singer for Elvis Presley. Hey, I would be ecstatic if my ma had been a backing singer for the Krankies...
The Scots are known for their inventions..note Alexander Graham Bell , James Watt and of course the latest to join this illustrious band Joanne Gair.
She has produced the first batch of environmentally friendly toilet paper made from kangaroo manure.
The paper has been made by Creative Paper Tasmania by Joan who moved to Australia 20 years ago.
About 25kg of roo dung make roughly 400 A4 paper sheets.Thats a lot of roo roll.
anyhow how about i just post this blog....

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh great. I love all of those songs. Thanks!

11:34 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

hey flop eared mule.good to know i am on the right track!!! I had a look at your blog just now and wow i am sure you raided my record collection..i see lots of the same names. Glad to see that the old tunes still do it. will tag your blog on blueskies.

7:15 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

hi fire of love..a hell of a lot of haggis..enough to buy the neeps and tatties and probably a fine dram to be drunk alongside over a roaring fire. Maybe even some Rabbie Burns in the background, and of course a ceilidh to round it all off..Promise, no deep fried mars bars!!!

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home