Thursday, May 19, 2005

battered minks in sugar and glue


Having a night in..after being down at The Compass in Leith for some fabby cod in beer batter and well done chips. Billy was cooking tonight so you don't have to ask for well done chips as he always does then like that, but I always remind the waiter anyway. Had a glass of a rather cheeky organic red and then up the road to chill out.
Here is a bit of nonsense...a real good hiccup cure or a way to test your health insurance. Just click on the little piggies nose...
here to get your equilibrium back fair and square is a bit of Jim Morrison. I never have been to the grave..the state it has been in the last couple of years i think i am glad to have given it a miss. I read Danny Sugarmans book 'No One Gets Out Alive'..and it is well worth a read. One of the best in the store.This is for Danny.
here is one of my desert island discs
The Doors Break on through mp3
Searching around for another favourite book and I have to mention 'The Creation Story My Magpie Eyes are Hungry for the Prize 'by David Cavanagh.
I had an email tonight from Adam Sanderson of the Jasmine Minks. I did email him first...I came across his site whilst checking out the punk scene in Aberdeen. My first grown up job was at the 62 club the equivalent of CBGB' s or the 100 club for kids.(slight exaggeration but you get the idea) I remember the punk /soul divide and the chaos if we got the night wrong. Each group had a night in turn and those Monday holidays fare threw things about. We often got the two groups turning up on the same night and having to co exist on the same dance floor. You would have Out on the Floor by Dobie Gray then a slice of The Saints then back to Al Wilson and his Snake.
Although the Jasmines didn't play at the club Adam remembers being one of the punters. I was only a few years older than the main players and still had to find my gallusness. Anyway check out his site here. I don't remember listening to their stuff so I should fill in my CV and see if I can get hold of a track or two. No doubt Hauf Jaiket may have a single or two in his cupboard....
here is a track for Adam and all the punks that pogo'd their way across a gobby floor
UK Subs Living Dead mp3
and yes they did play at the 62!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian K Reese said...

Hey, Countrygrrl, sorry to have been absent the comments, and thanks for yours. Anyway, I just "meme"'d you on my latest post...check it out, if'n you want.

1:31 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

heya devilfish..the doors were one of my first loves..i'm glad jim's grave is in good shape...makes me want to go now!! will check out your blog.

10:11 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

thanks for the meme there bigrockcandymountain...a great idea. it had me thinking about all the stuff i couldnt list like Johnny and June with Jackson, Willie and his great Blue Eyes Cryin in the Rain Television Torn Curtain , Allison Moorer Cold in California...better stop now..

10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home