Sunday, May 28, 2006

crazy sun junctions


Back after a hiatus...I guess the sunshine has meant less time for crouching over my laptop listening to music and surfing. I went to a fantastic gig at the Leith Folk Club last week with The Tanahill Weavers. What a barnstormer of a set, the band were on top form with intricate arrangements and hypnotic rhythms. I have loved listening to them for years but never was able to see them live. The Leith Club is a friendly place with different acts on every Tuesday. I didn't win the raffle but hey..seeing the band was good enough for me!
I LOVE the Bosses new album and have it on LOUD when I am driving about, my favourite track of the moment is "Mary don't you weep". It's not often I join in at the top of my voice whilst negotiating roundabouts and T junctions, but this album is irresistible.
I have been listening to more folky things of late and here is an oldie but yes indeed one that you should give a listen to again. This band are still going in various guises and although i was too young..yes indeed..to be into them in their heyday, I think this is quintessential of their style.
Fairport Convention Crazy Man Michael mp3
If you fancy you can even have this track as a ringtone on your phone..what next!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home