Tuesday, April 18, 2006

michty crivens


I really love fiddle music and the more rhythmic the better. I love how all music comes back to source at the end of the day...and this sounds like a global mix if I ever heard one. April Verch is new to me, I came across her by pure chance and by crivens michty me this is mighty fine playing. She was a Canadian Grand Masters Fiddle Champion in 1997 and the 1998 Canadian Ope Fiddle Champion. If this doesn't make you skirl I guess you must have no ears.


4 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

April Verch, Now that's some fiddlin'!
I was washing dishes while listening. It's got me dancin' 'round the kitchen.
So true what you say about music coming home.

1:14 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

glad you like this skirl ed...indeed you have to get on your feet with some real music..even though it is just one fiddle it still does the job!!

10:34 am  
Blogger Amy said...

This is fantastic--listened a couple times now. Good to hear a girl pulling off this kind of virtuoso act.

4:06 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

indeed amy...the gal can rosin up her bow and give it laldy...she is one of the best fiddlers i have ever heard

11:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home