Friday, April 07, 2006

Boss Bourbon and a gumtree


This is the best thing I have heard all year..I have played it 10 times and it just gets better. Good on Amazon for featuring this video, the Boss is sizzlin and is as countrry as a raccoon up a gumtree.Nothing else required just the Boss and a bourbon.
Bruce Springsteen John Henry video full clip
Whilst running the spell check on blogger springsteen was replaced by springtail....he certainly sounds sprightly and has one hell of a spring in his tail on this take.

3 Comments:

Blogger Happy In Bag said...

I love Bruce. Darkness may be my favorite album. But I am disappointed by the concept behind this project. And Bruce's vocal on this track seems needlessly overbearing. I truly hope my initial impressions give way to anunexpected appreciation.

5:18 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

i love bruce to distraction, i kind of see what you mean in his vocal, i hadn't thought about it before you commented,so thanks for the insight. I have ordered the album and it has a "free" dvd which i am looking forward to seeing. He packs a mean pair of jeans usually...
I like how he is exploring the back catalogue and would like to see him do some hazel and alice and the kentucky coal mining songs.

9:52 pm  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

Update: CMT.com is streaming a video for "Pay Me My Money Down." And heaven help me, I don't like it either. Your concept for a grittier, tougher set of trad music is great. Are you listening, Boss?

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home