Monday, April 03, 2006

cadillac county


Toby Keith has a new album "White Trash with Money" just out and you can stream it for free on the CMT listening party at 128. I had a listen last night and I don't think it is as memorable as some of his other stuff, notably "Beer for my Horses". Alan Jackson's syrupy gospel Precious Memories album is up as well, I was mega disappointed when I heard it. Let's hope he gets back to doing the Devils Music soon.It was recorded as a present for his mother, but I guess she would have preferred a date with Jayne County to this piffle.
Rosanne Cash has her album Black Cadillac up there too, and it is well worth a spin around your eardrums.
However, the best of the bunch has to be a big bunch of Merle Haggard albums to die for. I have been listening to loads of stuff I haven't heard before and at this good quality it almost makes up for not being able to rip them onto my hard drive.
I have just streamed them onto my mini disc and can enjoy them through a link to my stereo....yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa rock on!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger c said...

the song titles alone are priceless. "beer for my horses!"

7:08 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

glad you are obsessed with music too, it makes for a more interesting life. I have met a few folk who NEVER listen to music and own no cd's or even cassettes. WOW!!! AND THEY SAY THEY ARE FROM PLANET EARTH???
beer for my horses is a fab track with my fave willie nelson giving it laldy...countrry sure has all the best titles!!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

Did you know that Merle is opening for Dylan's U.S. tour this spring? I'll attend the extravaganza in 10 days. And Joe is correct- Merle's still very relevant. But Merle's music is gone from CMT's site now. An odd kd lang disc is featured, however...

7:17 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

no I didn't realise that he will open for bob..should be a great gig...shame that merle is gone from CMT...kd lang has dicked around with countrry but when she went all woozy i left the room. i cant stand that duetting with tony bennett and songs from the whatever parallel...give me big boned gal any day!!!

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home