Wednesday, March 22, 2006

putin sheebang


Amazing to think this blueskies blog has been up for a whole year...I remember my first post and struggling to work out how to post links and calling on the help of enchilada, dylan gaughin and fire of love. Not forgetting of course Big Rock Candy Mountain who was the first blog to link me.Thanks again guys ! Now I have to work out how to spread the uploaded photos throughout the post rather than bunching up at the top....
Whilst roaming around I came across this guy who has a great blues voice and although from the US is huge in France. His site allows a complete download of his album Full Moon released in 1991.It comes down at 128kbps and has good clarity. I hate listening to stuff at 32 kbps it really sucks.
Spencer Bohren is the name and I have been enjoying the whole sheebang this evening, very mellow indeed.
Spencer Bohren Full Moon right here

and today's bonus ball because I have been reading about Putin and the break up of the Soviet Union, here are Muroma, a male group from Russia singing songs from the Southern and Central regions. I like to keep my music tastes eclectic and this bunch are worth turning up the volume and getting out the vodka and caviar for. I had hoped to post a picture or two but the function isn't working..so you will just have to imagine a russian bottle of vodka..

Muroma Russian folk songs and tunes

4 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

thanks for digging the ryan adams tracks! the way i figure, one is live, and as far as i know Ryan is OK with live recordings (see the Live Music Archive), and the other one is no longer commercially available, being released on a limited-edition disc. so, you know, my thoughts are basically "please don't hurt me." ;)

5:12 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

hey heather, i hope to god you are right and this whole thing kinda blows away... it is hard trying to make sure you promote the artists but stay clear of all the hoohaa from the fat cats....

5:17 pm  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

Countrygrrl- Bohren is excellent; good call. Hey, Aberfeldy is playing in my town tonight. Even though they're adorable, I'm inclined to pass, as I've seen them a couple times in the past year. You make the call...

5:41 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

yup, lots of good stuff coming out of scotland though we can pass on the overrated travis. they were radio played to death and i could hardly bear to hear that song 'rain on me' after 57 million plays. aberfeldy are a bit more rugged and ragged and their tunes are not so polished in that bland radio shine...heven't seen them live but maybe one day!!! hey happy in bag ..glad u liked the post!!!

10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home