Monday, December 05, 2005

thimble generator


Just read the sad news about Chris Whitley who has gone to the big record store in the sky. I came to his songs late in the day but have just found this fab link to his gig at Cafe Du Nord,San Francisco, CA07/24/05

I took a dander out in the rain up Leith Walk and passed a sign for 'Jumbo Bridies' only on the Walk..folks..
I also took a tumble into Cash Generator where folks off load crap cd's for very little wonga. This means they are available to the discerning public for the price of a 1976 kebab..
The racks were full of SClub7, Stephen Gately, Adam Rickett, Boyszone , 911 and East 17. Needless to say, I was not tempted to part with any cash. However, I did spend a quid on 'Greatest Hits of Rolf Harris' A little gem that has been alluding me for many aeons. Released on the magnificent Disky label and with a proper cover, I am one delighted anorak...and it now graces pride of place in my vast cd collection. However, mine is but a drop in the brine. I met someone the other day who had a collection of 80,000 albums.I didn't get a chance to ask if they could tell me the 24,356 one they acquired, that would let us know if they were indeed a serious collector or just a show off.
Left of the planet and round by the Pizza Hut tonight...no countrry just drama and angst wrapped up in a pop ribbon.

Keith West Excerpts from a Teenage Opera mp3

I wondered what this record actually sounded like for years, thanks to the net I now know and it is 'nae bad' as Arthur Askey would say when in Moncrief.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

My God, never heard that before! Guess ole Keith didn't make it to the U.S. And those children. There's always something a little sinister about children singing on records of that period...

5:05 am  
Blogger guapo said...

All together now! Grocer Jack, Grocer Jack....

2:53 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

hey dick van dyke..wonderful notes to accompany this piece of mental nostalgia. I remember the spooky kids all singing 'Grocer Jack, Grocer Jack' I hadn't realised Keith West was so multi talented. I wonder what he is doing now if he is still around?? cheers for the posts all you posters out there in posterland.

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home