Friday, December 02, 2005

anorak waist in owl buckles


Went to see Harry Potter this morning..it was great as far as the cinema was concerned.There was only 4 of us in the house and one of them was snoring... so I didn't have the usual mobile phones going off and kids farting loudly behind.The film was sort of ok...just ok...i find Mr Potter very startled and wooden, I guess he must have been put under the petrificus totalis spell.Neville is not fantastic at dancing and Ron never gets to wrap his digits around Professor McGonagall's waist... according to the book. I know that film is different, so I am not going to criticise really..well yes I am ...oh I am well confused...after coming out the cinema and a quick look for advent candles in 'Au Naturale'. I was struggling to remember what film I had been to. However, I am not going to send a letter by owl post across the city to JK's abode pointing out these little disturbing differences. My anorak came off at the front door.
I am listening to the Verve and 'Bittersweet Symphony' following closely on the buckle straps of Marylin Manson with a rather good version of 'Sweet Dreams'.
I have been checking out what is likely to be in the Christmas stocking and seemingly these are the CD's that might tumble in. So now is the time to warn your relatives if you don't want any of the following: Eminem, Bright Eyes, Anthony and the Johnsons, Bloc Party and LCD Soundsystem. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

I also listened to Bryan..with a 'y' tonight on Radio Scotland and he had Jimmie Dale Gilmour on as his guest. So here is a track from the man himself with the Flatlanders. They never were as big as they should have been, so let's hope all you record pickers rush out and buy the Texas Troubador.
Jimmie Dale Gilmore Tonite I think I'll go Downtown mp3

3 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

hi fire of love...let me know what you think??? I still hold out that it was kind of forgetable,,but I have only read the first book and never lifted number 2. I realised I prefer biographies and reference books in the grand scheme of book reading.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey Countrygrrl! Always good to have a great Texas track.

2:47 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

hi enchilada...texas is a great state!! I visited a while back and stayed in Dallas and Houston. Incredible bar scene and a shopping mall the size of the moon. Take me back to Texas...yeeha!!

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home