Wednesday, August 24, 2005

barrowhead tanyas and slugging companions


Well, Allison and Steve have done it....7th time for him and 2nd for her. So here is a couple of celebratory tracks for the happy couple. I saw Allison Moorer here in Edinburgh and it was one of the gigs of a lifetime. Likewise, Steve Earle's gig at the Barrowlands in Glasgow...where he did a blistering version of 'Copperhead Road'

Allison Moorer Set You Free mp3

Steve Earle Brand New Companion live mp3

Lets hope this lasts for both of them...we need another Johnny and June but it may end up as Glen and Tanya
I loved Glen's take on country and was shocked to hear that he and Tanya were constantly slugging each other throughout their affair....mind you...this is countrry...you sing it and live it...

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah, good luck to those crazy kids.

Great photo!

10:14 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

yup!!! I was having a look at a book I have about him, Hardcore Troubadour:The Life and Near Death of Steve Earle by Lauren St John. My oh my how that boy likes to party on down. There is a great quote he gave to The Washington Post in 1986. 'I have a low tolerance for mediocrityin music and life. I'm into pain and joy and the in-between doesn't interest me'. WOW!!!!He sure has lived up to that!!!!!!!!

6:50 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, I've wanted to get that book for ages.

Have you seen Heartworn Highways? You must if not.

7:15 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

hi flopear...no i haven't seen the movie but this sounds like a good recommendation!!! I really like his early stuff, where it's more straight ahead countrry...i kinda lost the place with 'the revolution starts here' But like all good ole boys they always come back to the wooden music and i think with Allison around it hopefully will spur his joy hormones into a big countrry cactus of ecstacy!!!!

5:59 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh Heartworn Highways is amazing. I only have the video but I'm going to get the DVD in the next few weeks, it has some extra footgae, including Steve doing an early version of Mercenary Song.

Its from 1976 so he's in his early 20s but he looks about 14. Sitting there swigging from a bottle of Jack Daniels, kind of eerie foreshadowing really. And thats not to mention the bits with Townes, Guy, Steve Young, Rodney Crowell etc etc! Must see.

Last rumour I heard he was recording with the Bluegrass Dukes. Yay!!

10:27 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

thanx flop ear for the info..you have sold me this good and proper....will definately be adding this to my collection....check out willie neslon's concert in amsterdam....fanferkintastic...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home