Thursday, August 11, 2005

acid channels rain flicker


Bought one of those digi topbox sets for £30 today and despite lots of channel flicking Bruce was right
."We settled in for the night my baby and me
We switched 'round and 'round 'til half-past dawn
There was fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"
However, the picture is sharp as a tack and channel 5 is no longer a slurry puddle.
Been checking out one of my fave tracks ever by John Fogerty and find it has been covered by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Bonnie Tyler , Boney M and The Ramones. You will be relieved that I ain't gonna post the Boney M version and hopefully pleased by this version.
The Ramones Have you ever seen the rain mp3

From the 1993 album Acid Eaters. This is a countrrypunk version if i ever heard one
The Ramones are the most covered artists after The Beatles and Bob Dylan. Bet you didn't know that?? Well above Elton John at 32 and Frank Sinatra at 87.
A bit of serious interactive fun...try your luck with the Ramones name generator..

3 Comments:

Blogger guapo said...

my favorite band of all time! I love ya countrygrrl!

2:14 am  
Blogger evan said...

I love that Ramones tune.

11:03 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

well i managed to watch CSI Miami and caught every 10th word...a BIG improvement from before with just the analogue signal..so i guess it has been worth the £30. I got it from Aldi and the woman in front of me was complaining that she had bought one from somewhere else a year ago for £150!!!! so i reckon i got a bargain..
yes that ramones number has logged up an incredible number of hits..the most EVER...next was Mick Jagger but it's gr8t that the Ramones are in no. 1 place yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home