Friday, March 03, 2006

planet rose


What a week! 53 million quid stolen, Britney buying a loveshack and Shakira having tea with Chancellor Gordon Brown! However, I was cheering this morning when I heard that Gary Glitter has been jailed for 3 years for as we call it in Scotland 'kiddiefiddlin'. The 61-year-old, who insisted he was innocent, said the "unbelievable" verdict was part of a "conspiracy". Yeah Right! Anyway, he probably won't do the 3 years and will be out after only serving a third of his sentence. Something far wrong there as he should have got the firing squad as was suggested in the first place.
I have had a few days off the laptop and have been reading Schindlers List by Thomas Kineally. I always meant to read it so this especially having spent some time recently in Cracow. I can't put it down, RECOMMENDED READING.
Music has been as varied as ever, and this track from one of my favourite singers in the world is todays first pick.
Willie Nelson and Ray Price San Antonio Rose mp3
and for proof this is the best frickin album on the planet on this Friday here is your bonus ball.
willie and ray I fall to pieces mp3

5 Comments:

Blogger guapo said...

you`re always great grrl! I`m back (again) by the way!

3:47 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

excellent!!! i thought you had wandered off the planet...glad ur back and hope you liked the willie and ray posts. the album is out of this world and i have been playing it all morning whilst doing the hoovering.

11:33 am  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

My dad bought this on cassette when it first came out. I recall being surprised that a man as cool as Willie liked the guy who had a hit with a cheesy take on "For the Good Times." I've learned to be less judgemental in the intervening years.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Christopher W. Speaks said...

I've never really cared for that picture of Willie. Reality aside, without his beard, he just looks like a really creepy, child-molestin' type old man who'd you really hate to be stuck in the same room with alone. Not that I'm hating on Willie, it's just that picture....it just, uh, well, gives me the Willies.

6:06 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

glad that you can take the tacky countrry with the americana 'happy in the bag' and sorry that the fine pic of oor willie disnae dae it fur ye Chris...but it was that or a pic of Gary when are the kids home Glitter so i reckoned this one is still better!!

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home