Sunday, August 28, 2005

blootered skooshed and smug


I was at a friends farewell last night and met up with a host of auld pals and weel kent faces that i had not seen in at least 12 years. Apart from a few more gray hairs around the bonce and a bit more padding it was just like old times. Well, almost. This time we didn't all get blootered , stonkin, sloshed or skooshed. I woke up feeling very smug with myself, had muesli and didn't have to add a wee chaser to my coffee to get the brain cells to find each other....I was asking what was the music of choice these days and it was inferkincredible how many quoted 'roots and americana' that is countrry to you and me.Anyway, in honour of this wonderful phenomenon that no one could have predicted here is a couple of cracking 'americana' aka countrry tracks.

Drive By Truckers Never Gonna Change mp3


This comes from the fabulous Dirty South album released in 1994.
This next track is from Thad Cockrell and Caitlin Cary singing together. Is he better than Ryan Adams???? I still have a soft spot for that wild card and can't think of a bum track RA has done since leaving Whiskeytown.

Caitlin and Thad Second Option mp3

2 Comments:

Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

love that thad and cary alnum

7:50 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

yeh!!! tad and cary sound gr8t together...I must try and look for more of their stuff!!

6:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home