Monday, March 07, 2005

blown off the sofa

Have been listening again to Iris DeMent's 1992's Infamous Angel. I didn't like it when I first heard it way back then, I wanted something more Ricky Skaggs or Gram Parsons. However, I heard her on a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band DVD and was blown right off the sofa.
So here she is with Mama's Opry If you want to check out her other stuff and get the bio she has a site that's worth a look.
My Bible at the moment is the latest issue of Uncut with a great free CD that has Southern Rockers Drive By Truckers doing Danko/Manuel and The Gourds Dying of the Pines to name but two of the 16 tracks in total.
Here's a little nugget from the Drive By Truckers -Never Gonna Change Enjoy!!! and remember to buy the albums and spread the word.
Now off to catch up on some sleep as had a stramasher of a weekend .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home