Tuesday, January 10, 2006

mash surf and klezheaven


If you love Klezmer and mashups. You will definetely be in klezheaven after hearing this download. I came across it whilst surfing for 'klezmer' and didn't expect to find much on this side of the pond. Well, I was wrong. Here is GhettoPlotz, an outfit operating out of somewhere in London. The download is too long for me to give you it as an mp3 but check it out yourself.
I had a couple of emails from members Mark White and Laoise Davidson who says 'Re Klezmer, if u r interested, KlezFest is happening in London this summer. It's fantastic. I have done it for three years and u really learn a huge amount, plus u get to meet lots of people who play Klezmer both in the UK and round the world. There are a couple of people who come down from Scotland - u might already know them. For details see - http://www.jmi.org.uk/ and follow signs to KlezFest.' I might just do that!!

5 Comments:

Blogger c said...

i am ambivalent about mashups. every time i decide i hate them, one pops up that is actually damn cool. quite the connundrum.....

10:01 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

indeed...I had a lot on my hard drive that I wiped off a few days ago. Not many really work and I heard a terrible one with the Doors being ruined by an annoying doodling bass line. This set of tunes I think works really well and I have been listening to it off and on all week. In between Johhny, Willie and Josh Ritter.

2:05 pm  
Blogger annulla said...

Klezfest sounds like great fun. If you go, you must write all about it.

9:36 pm  
Blogger Gunnar said...

Great!

1:11 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

klezfest does indeed sound fab...i will see if i can get along to check it out. i have been listening to this mix quite a lot and count it one of my best finds....

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home