Friday, January 20, 2006

cash fever puzzle


I have had a fab day, spending a few hours in Cash Generator, this is the place to pick up 5 CDs for £3.00. So if you have the patience to scrub around in the boxes throwing aside Louise, Hearsay, Boyzone and the dreaded SClub7 you can unearth some diamonds. Today I got for my three quid
Essential Pavarotti 2
Charles Aznavour Plus Blue.....
Dorothy Love Coates and the Original Gospel Harmonettes Get on Board
Disco Fever vol 3
Daydream various artists.
This last one includes Mungo Jerry's Lady Rose, an old favourite. I am totally puzzled by folks buying stuff at full price, anyway, I am indeed 'just and old anorak' and like nothing better than getting a bargain.
Leith Walk has a few second hand book shops as well, which I took a deek into. However, most of the stuff was in the Jeffery Archer and Sydney Sheldon vein so gave that a big miss. I once tried to read a Jackie Collins and gave up on page 11 through boredom.I am currently reading Brian Wilson's autobiography. This is one great read, RECOMMENDED.
Here is an old hombre, 'the Baron of Country Music' Dick Curless. I love the sound of his voice, and this is a cracker.
Dick Curless Crazy Heart mp3
I have just had a look on CMT and here is the link for streaming his 'Drag'em of the Interstate. Sock it to'em' Best of Dick Curless.During his career he had a total of 22 hits and even became a born again Christian in his autumn years. However, despite this his material sounds as gritty as a possum up a gum tree. Check it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian K Reese said...

All hail the mighty Dick Curless.

12:54 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

absolutely!!!!!he is indeed the king of the interstate...i love his stuff..i dont think he has done a bad'un track wise...keep on trucking...

7:13 pm  
Blogger Christopher W. Speaks said...

I have to contest you on this: I really think no one compares to the one, the only, the Red Sovine.

5:04 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

well, you do have a point..i do like red sovine..but i like the gruffness of mr curless better.!!!
i enjoyed your blog and will add it to my list of fave daily stop offs.great writing by the way!!

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home