Tuesday, December 27, 2005

happy ears



In House with Jeremy Petersen is a fantastic podcast that will have you buying a pair of hard heeled country boots and a Nudie shirt....all this years faves and J has a sexy voice as well..give it a whirl!!!
Having walked around the block I am catching up on chill out time, and admiring the Christmas tree. Have just had a look on play.com and ordered up a few Jamie Oliver DVDs the price was definitely right. He is one of my best guys of the last year. Anyone who was willing to break the scandal of a prisoner getting twice as much spent on his lunch as a school dinner deserves my vote.
Here is some music that has been making my ears very happy this past few weeks.
Dougie McLean Marching Mystery mp3

Hazel Dickens Coalmining Woman mp3

just listen to this mad Yiddish excellence yiddishe cup .Link to the album of the year.

Klezmershack.com, says :"This is the most outrageous combination of '50s Borscht Belt shtick and post-modern Jewish deconstruction I've heard in years and, boy, did we need it."
Having been to Poland and Hungary my fill for klezmer knows no bounds...i just love the frenetic ups and the blue downs. After a visit to Auschwitz these tracks take on new meanings.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian K Reese said...

Hey Countrygrrl. Thanks for letting me know you were having problems with RapidShare. It's really fast here in the States (20 seconds) so I didn't know folks were having trouble elsewhere. I'm switching the songs to a different file sharing service. They're apperently going to let me direct link, but that's not working yet. Give it another try, and see if it works for you (it's the Quintron and Medways post that I'm using for the experiment). If that still doesn't work, let me know what songs you want, and I'll email them to you. Ta, and cheers.

3:37 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

this is one hell of a nice guy folks....check out his blog...best of the block!!!! I guess there must be a glich with rapidshare here in bonnie scotland as i have never been able to get near any downloads using that set up.what's other folks experience????

4:56 pm  
Blogger guapo said...

Rapidshare sucks!

12:52 am  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

succinctly put Mr barf!!!!!

1:32 pm  
Blogger SpinTheGlobe said...

Thanks for Yiddishe Cup - I love crazy Jewish stuff (note repeated mentions of David Krakauer's new Bubbemeises album on my blog, SoundRoots) but somehow haven't run across these guys before.

From the looks of your posts, you might like Red Brown and the Tune Stranglers, a crazy Western group from right her in Olympia, Washington, USA - check them out at tunestranglers.com

6:59 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

you have hit it on the button there
dj earball...i love this whacky stuff and thanks for the good tips re Red Brown...looks like a lot of fun. I have tried to leave a couple of comments on your blog but i dont know if they have been sent...i would like to link your blog to blueskies so if you come back for a read can you let me know this is ok with you???

3:31 pm  
Blogger SpinTheGlobe said...

cg - I'd be delighted to have a link here to SoundRoots. Thanks for the comments.

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home