Monday, October 17, 2005

madness tapas in lead


Home again after a fantastic time in Andalucia..ye cannae whack it..a glass of Rioja everyday and a chill out mountain of tapas..why don't we ever get this kind of thing on Princess Street??? Anyway, whilst i was sunning myself and walking in the sierra it seems the world is falling apart at a speed i can hardly comprehend. Am I mad to think that the bird flu is heading THIS WAY and there isn't a damn thing you can do, plus all those earthquakes and floods. If I was religious, which I am not, I would be checking out that Book of Revelations for a few more clues. So here I am tapping away on this laptop but I dont have a scooby what to do if the lights in the city go out....so all I can do is play the music and 'live like you were dyin 'to quote a hunk in a cowboy hat.
Here is Graham Nash from 1974 at Wembley .I still love CSNY and this track is the first I ever heard by any member of the band. Kind of still relevant today I'd say.
Graham Nash Military Madness mp3

And for something completely different. Does anyone remember this band? "...a smoking, surprising, commanding combo... Nobody roars, does a jig or a Balkan boogie quite like Boiled in Lead."-- Minneapolis StarTribune (1998) I got a cassette of one of their albums back in the 80's and quite radical it sounded then. I still have a soft spot for them.
Boiled in Lead Son Oh Son mp3

1 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

hey fire of love..indeed...maybe Nostradamus wasn't making a fast buck after all. like the new site by the way..

9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home