Tuesday, November 21, 2006

40 showers humming


Well Oasis, the Beatles and U2 have all released albums at the same time hoping I guess for them to thud into someones Christmas stocking. My bets are on Oasis...I find the Beatles overrated, I like the odd track especially the older stuff. My favourite number of all time is 'If I fell' forget about all this pepper nonsense and white whatsits..give me a tune I can hum in the shower any day. Maybe that is why the bombastic sound of U2 doesn't do it for me either, I like the politics but not the strangulated sound of Bono. I just don't like his voice. there I have said it and I await 40 tons of hats to drop onto me. The Gallagher boys have a simplicity about them that whatever you might think, I love the sound of wonderwall, married with children and rock and roll star. In fact I can't think of a bad track all round. so if you are undecided about that stocking filler go for the clocks and turn them up so tight they shatter your beatles mug.

Here are the lads in fine fettle with a live version of a fave rave out.

2 Comments:

Blogger c said...

i love all 3 bands. but you better watch it, bono may smite you ;)

5:00 am  
Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

beatles over rated, thats a tad tuff i think, oasis were once great, not anymore, U2 are just flat out moderate, sufjan stevens can fill my xmas stocking

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home