Monday, November 06, 2006

livin lovin louvin


The nights are fare drawin in and i have the shutters well shut and I am looking to put on a coal fire soon. Smokeless of course! I have been watching the Christmas lights going up in the town and thinking what do I want to buy myself for a present. I have resisted the whole iPod thing, I refuse to have white dangly wires with mug me written all over them and also I don't like how you have to put everything into applespeak. I like the idea of having a streaming radio and being able to choose the format for my sounds. So give me my trusty mini disc, my Lucky MP3 and a bunch of CD's and vinyl plus of course all the boxes of cassettes and I will be just as happy this Christmas as last.
I have been trying to listen to some new music and have been fairly impressed with Vince Gills new offering which is streaming on CMT right now.
YouTube still provides the biggest thrill of all and I am loving all those old clips that no one has ever seen. fantastic!!
I also have been checking out oor ither Scottish Bard...nae Rabbie but William...he is just excellent for cheering you up on a drab Monday and bringing a smile to your face. Check him out right here
However, here is a track that will knock that smile right off, because it is sad and lonesome . The wonderful Louvin Brothers givin it the max emotional energy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

"So give me my trusty mini disc, my Lucky MP3 and a bunch of CD's and vinyl plus of course all the boxes of cassettes and I will be just as happy this Christmas as last." So how are you gonna carry all that on the bus? I'll stick to my IPod (you can drop the white phones, all other headphones work with it) & I have Macs @ home & work, so I'm cool everywhere. Use whatever you want, for gods sake, but don't imply that we IPodders are idiots or sheep.
No offense, Grrl, I just had to get that off my chest. Good to have you back bloggin', esp. w/ the Louvins!

3:43 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

did you see my recent charlie louvin/elvis costello duet post, it's still onthe front page and the link still works

oand btw hi

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home