Sunday, October 08, 2006

cool saddle sunshine


Back in the saddle after a cool chill out 2 weeks in sunny Spain. It fair does you good to get away from your usual sofa and spend the time on another sofa or barstool enjoying the tapas and vino in glorious sunshine. Ye Gods...this is what we work for ...and I managed to read at last East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I was gutted to read the synopsis of the film, I have never seen it and after reading the book boy am I glad I never have. I HATE it when the storyline is twisted to such an extent that it is really a totally different thing. Read the book and enjoy one of the best reads EVER!!
Anyway, whilst away I loaded up my MP3 player, not an IPod i hasten to add, never been too struck by the sheep like quality of them and those god awful white headphones...I always wonder what these appleheads have on their players as I see them rush around in work clothes with the white lead dangling down dangerously and wonder if any of them ever get caught up in an Isadora moment??
Enough bitchin about that and on to what the hell i was listening to!! Bob Dylan's Modern Times and Duncan Dhu's greatest hits...in Spanish i may add..better than Shakira any day. I also listened to Coldplay, a band that has passed me by until now, I quite enjoyed the white boy angst when i was cleaning my teeth and looking out over the balcony and admiring the 1,00000 plus olive trees and the fabulous sierras...but I did turn it off and say I preferred Raul Malo and his life affirming exuberance.
I am going to deviate completely from the usual mix of countrry roots and blueseroo and post up this little gem. If you liked the punkslamglam days before the big boys stepped in you will of course LOVE the New York Dolls who I have heard have just got back together. Not the original line up but at least two of the Dolls..so here is a ffffaaaabbbb little track from the MAN Johnny
Johnny Thunders Play with Fire mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home