Sunday, October 22, 2006

vinyl rams


Poor Macca!! Has it come to this..slugging it out in front of folks like me. He was my first pin up all those years ago and I have kept a left eye on his career and to my mind is a pretty straight ahead guy. I always thought there would be 'trouble at mill' when HM came along. I guess he was needing a change of scene and boy did he get it! I am not a huge Beatles fan and kind of left them after my teen years as I thought all that yellow submarine stuff a bit boring. However, Ram was my first ever independent purchase on the vinyl front. I worked in a steak house and that was what I spent my first wage on. I haven't listened to it in years but whenever I hear one of the tracks my memory board kicks in and I go back to the bedroom years. I used to lie on my bed with the speakers either side of my head and blast it out. This was of course before iPods and even decent headphones, so improvisation was really important.
I currently don't own any stuff by him but he will always have a place in my music heart. Give it as good as you get Paul. I am rootin for you all the way.
Here is a great website with lots of info about the lad.

3 Comments:

Blogger c said...

i haven't seen any polls, but i'd bet 99% of people are on his side. i'm with you on thsi one.....

8:45 pm  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

yup i reckon you are right. i have spoken to a lot of folks and not one of them has said that they rate heather on any barometer, she seems to press all the wrong buttons, a sad cookie if you ask me.

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a given that things are rarely as you would expect them behind closed doors. It is not like he was ever going to release a record called "The Violent Beatle."

Ram is a record that sounds great after all these years, especially "Too Many People."

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home