Wednesday, February 16, 2005

it's wednesday nearly the weekend

well the Brits came and went...shocking that Robbie W got best artist of the last 25 years..what next...anyway I guess it's all just fluff at the end of the day. Music that has been gracing my ears has been RAy LaMontagne this guy is out of this world and well worth a checkeroo. I have just read the evening paper and it seems that Michael Jackson has the flu and is in hospital...I wonder if this trial will ever get going..I must say I stopped listening to his stuff after Billie Jean and the campery of Thriller..I used to love dancing to that album in the discos in the 80's. At the time it was way ahead...then I discovered bluegrass and country and my road went to the ranch instead. Having a relaxing night in ..our renovations are nearly finnished and will get our place back soon. Tonight a quick visit to the supermarket, pasta and a salad and hope that bed doesnt come too soon as I have a big day at work tomorrow...try to be sensible and get to the sheets before 12.00.
Fave album of the moment...Gillian Welch Time the Revalator...wow to think she went to Crossroads..and not some tar covered shack in the mountains..Saw her in Edinburgh at the Queens Hall Outstanding gig with a fab audience that seemed to know all the words but thankfully keep them to themselves. Often its a bit karaoke, annoying if you've spent the dosh out to hear an artist not a wannabe.
Off to do the dishes and sign off

1 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

had a look at your profile....sounds really interesting job wise and like your choice of music too!!!
I think that the combo of Gillian and David is indeed awesome...out of this planet. Check out the new Rhonda Vincent album on the listening post at CMT if you like a bit of bluegrass and fiesty females.

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home